MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide quality services to students in the hostel operations and proper maintenance of buildings.
- To regularly inspect hostels, other Colleges buildings and housing units in order to identify problems and recommend possible solutions.
- To ensure that the interior of the hostels, other College buildings and the ground in the immediate surrounding area are kept clean and presentable at all times.
- To update room inventory for each hostel and recommend replacement and repairs.
- To take all reasonable care of the security of the hostels and their contents (as per inventory) during semester and holiday periods and in the event of any items being damaged, misplaced or found missing, to report immediately. Any changes to the location of items as listed on the inventory to be immediately reported to management.
- To manage voids to ensure compliance with gas and electrical regulations, health and safety, turnaround targets, allocate budgets, maintenance and standards and the provision of furniture and fittings and to minimize squatting and deal promptly with unauthorized occupation.
- To manage repairs and maintenance of hostels, other college buildings and housing units.
- To ensure comprehensive hostel service delivery to all students and any other tenants and all those having special needs in respect of their physical or mental health, age or other circumstances where support is needed.
- To work in conjunction with the Registrar, Dean of Students, Estates Development Officer, Procurement Officer, College Finance Officer and service providers to ensure coordinated service delivery in the efficient provision of accommodation at the hostels, other college buildings and housing units.
- To write and present reports relevant to hostel management issues and record statistics into log for monitoring purposes.
- Ensuring compliance with tenancy agreements
MSCE, Advanced City and Guilds and Diploma in quantity surveying/construction management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution of higher learning.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least two years relevant experience in hostel management and buildings maintenance.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to provide highest standards
- Flexible and commitment to high standards
- Willing to work during weekends and long hours.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates should include detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with current addresses and contact details such as e-mail, telephone (mobile and office numbers) and fax number plus names and addresses of three traceable referees, submitted with copies of all supporting documents to:
P.O. Box 280
To reach him not later than 18th November, 2014