The Department of Political and Administrative Studies (PAS) at Chancellor College is looking for interested candidates to fill three positions for the position of Demonstrator/ Research Assistant that have arisen under the NORHEAD project.
Applicants should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or Political Science with credit from a recognized institution.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the Demonstrator/Research Assistant under this project is expected to work hand in hand with Research and Program Coordinators and provide support in the department in teaching courses at undergraduate level and undertake other responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
- Conduct tutorials to undergraduate learners to strengthen department’s student academic support systems
- Work with Research and Program Coordinators in the tutorial and research activities for purposes of efficient implementation of the department’s teaching and research agenda
- Participate in research activities as part of personal and departmental professional development
- Undertake any other academic and research activity that may be assigned from time to time
- Performance Standards
- Complete tutorial assignments within agreed time frame to the satisfaction of the department and students
- Submit on time assigned academic and research related reports
- Guided by Research Coordinator, initiate implementation of project activities in accordance with the research project work plan
Terms of Engagement
Successful candidates will be offered a one year renewable employment contract and be paid a Demonstrator/ Research Assistant monthly salary in accordance with NORHEAD project salary scale.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit their respective application packaged by not later than 23rd January2017. Applications should include an application letter, CV and a copy of the academic certificate for the highest qualification to the following address:
P.O. Box 280,
Email to: email@example.com
Please note that female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.